Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fabric painting with chalk paint- throw pillow and foot stool

___________ I have been wanting to chalk paint 2 office chairs in Annie Sloan’s Emperor’s Red. This seems like a fairly big project though so I started off chalk painting 2 smaller fabric projects: a small pillow for an outside bench and a small fabric foot rest for my family room. ___________________________ And the Foot Stool: Both turned out great and I would definitely paint fabric again. I do think that fabric painting can be a bit trickier though so I probably need a little more practice before taking on the larger office chairs. Just a note here about wax, I did not use wax on either the pillow or the foot stool but I understand that you can. I also did not mist water as I was painting which I probably should have on the foot stool so it was a bit hard when it dried. I pushed on it a few times though and now the fabric is no longer rough to the touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment